EDIT: I’ve crossed out outdated info to jive with Epic’s recent announcement to remove the $20 a month fee from UE4.
So I wanted to provide a quick TL;DR for the last 2 posts…
- Create an account and get ready to be charged
$20 a month and paying5% of your gross per product (for all money made after the initial $3000).
- Download the Epic Games Launcher and install
- Download the latest Unreal Engine (the Editor comes for the ride) from the Marketplace
- Launch Engine
- Associate Unreal Engine account with GitHub account.
- Create fork and clone locally.
- Add Epic’s repo as remote to pull down latest changes from them.
- Run Setup.command followed by GenerateProjectFiles.command.
- Open UE4.xcodeproj